Cool Cinnamon Ginger with Dried Figs Dessert Drink
Instead of the usual heavy, high calorie dessert, try this summer healthy Korean dessert drink traditionally served after meals.
- Ginger (15 thinly sliced with skin on, 1/2 inch cubes)
- Brown Sugar (3/4 cup)
- Water (8 cups)
- Cinnamon (5 sticks)
- Dried Figs (12 pieces)
- Pine nuts
Can’t find dried figs and pine nuts, get them here:
1) Cut ginger into 1/2 inch pieces leaving the skin on.
2) In a large pot, add water, ginger and cinnamon sticks. When it comes to boil, then simmer for 30 minutes. Liquid color should transform to a dark burgundy.
3) With a strainer, remove ginger and cinnamon sticks and throw them out.
4) Add brown sugar while it’s hot so all sugar melts. Add dried figs. Let liquid sit in pot until it is room temperature and then transport to a large glass jar.
5) Store glass jar in refrigerator until drink is cold. Serve drink cold. When ready to serve, add pine nuts.