Crab Fried Rice with Brown Rice & Vegetables
One of my favorite seafoods is shellfish and I love crab above all the shell fish, so here’s a crab fried rice recipe I make with brown rice for health with delicious crabs and kicked-up by a little heat! Yummy to the tummy!
- Fresh or Canned Crab (5 oz.)
- Brown Rice (1 1/2 cups)
- Scallions (3 pieces diced)
- Frozen Peas & Carrots (2 cups)
- Garlic (2 cloves minced)
- Eggs (2 beaten)
- Soy Sauce (1 tablespoon)
- Fish Sauce (1 tablespoon)
- Sirracha Sauce (1 teaspoon)
- Pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
- Lemon (1)
1) Cook your brown rice and let it sit overnight, so it can get a little dry.
2) Dice your scallions and mince your garlic. Beat 2 eggs. Add 2 cups of frozen peas and carrots in a bowl.
3) In a large hot pan, add a little vegetable oil (peanut oil is fine) and sautee your garlic for 20 seconds. Add frozen peas and carrots and sautee until peas and carrots are warm.
4) Add brown rice and soy sauce, fish sauce, and Sirracha sauce. Sautee until sauces cover the rice. Transfer rice to a bowl.
5) Scramble eggs until it is cooked but still soft. Then add crab meat. Sautee crab meat with egg until all the liquid from crab meat has evaporated.
6) Return the brown rice with vegetables and sautée until crab meat is folded into rice. Add a little pepper. Turn off your flame and add fresh scallions.
7) Plate rice and squeeze fresh lemon on top.