Potato with Indian Curry and Peas
Potato with Indian curry and peas is so hearty and satisfying that you will not miss meat or fish protein.Ingredients:
- Potatoes (2 large, cut into small cubes)
- Carrot (1, diced)
- Onion (1, diced)
- Peas (frozen, 1 cup)
- Parsley or cilantro (1/4 cup)
- Garlic (2 cloves, minced)
- Indian curry (1 tablespoon)
- Turmeric (1 tablespoon)
- Cayenne Pepper (1/2 tablespoon)
- Salt (1 tablespoon)
- Pepper (1/2 tablespoon)
- Olive oil
- Water (1/3 cup)
For Curry and Turmeric Powder, get here:
Indus Organic Turmeric (Curcumin) Powder Spice Pack 1 Lb.
1) In a medium sized pot, add 1/3 cup of water and potatoes. Put lid on pot and reduce to low fire, and steam the potatoes until they are soft (10-15 minutes). Keep on the side.
2) In a large pan, add olive oil and sautee garlic, onion, and carrot until they are soft. Then add frozen peas until peas are cooked.
3) Add cooked potatoes to vegetables. Add a little more olive oil (2-3 tablespoon). Add Indian curry, tumeric, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Mix and make sure all the spices have coated the potatoes and vegetables.
4) You can garnish with parsley or cilantro.