Bean Sprout Side Dish with Garlic & Sesame Seeds
One of my favorite Korean side dishes I grew up eating. Light and healthy, the bean sprouts are sautéed with garlic, sesame oil, and sesame seeds.
- Mung Bean Sprouts (8 oz.)
- Scallion (2 stalks, diced)
- Garlic ( 2 cloves, minced)
- Sesame Oil (1 tablespoon)
- Sesame Seeds (1 tablespoon)
- Soy Sauce (1 tablespoon)
- Red Hot Pepper Flakes (optional, 1 teaspoon)
Ingredients you will need:
1) Dice scallions and garlic and leave aside
2) In a large pot, boil water. Add bean sprouts and let it boil for 2 minutes, making sure bean sprout still retains crunchiness
3) In sink, drain water from bean sprout.
4) In the same hot empty pot, add sesame oil and garlic and sautee garlic in oil for 20 seconds.
5) Add drained bean sprout to sesame oil and garlic. Toss making sure every bean sprout is covered with sesame oil
6) Add soy sauce, sesame seeds and scallion. Add red hot pepper flakes if you like spice (this is optional). Quickly toss and serve with rice.