Korean Arrowroot Vermicelle Noodles with Kimchi & Fresh Cucumbers
During the summer months, I love cold noodle dishes. Called “Bibim Naengmyon” in Korean, this authentic Korean noodle recipe is hands down my favorite summer — and perhaps my all-time — favorite noodle dish out there! Spicy yet super refreshing, Korean Arrowroot vermicelle noodles (which are so good for you) are cooked, and, to it, we add Korean spicy red hot pepper paste balanced with a little bit of honey and apple cider vinegar. The dish is then coupled with spicy kimchi and fresh cucumbers and finally topped with a hard boiled egg. I absolutely loooove this noodle dish!!
- Korean Arrowroot Vermicelle Noodles (10 ounces)
- Korean Kimchi (4 cups)
- Cucumber (1 large, thinly sliced)
- Korean Red Hot Pepper Paste (2 tablespoons)
- Apple Cider Vinegar (4 tablespoons)
- Honey (1 tablespoon)
- Sesame Oil (4 tablespoons)
- Sesame Seeds (4 tablespoons)
- Hard Boiled Eggs (4 eggs, cooked and sliced in half)
Can’t find some of these ingredients in your supermarket? Get them here:
Ingredients you will need:
Arrowroot Vermicelle noodles. However, if you can not find the Arrowroot noodles, use the more popular Vermicelle noodles (link to noodle is above).
Condiments & cucumber:
Korean Kimchi made with Napa Cabbage:
1) Boil your eggs until cooked and set aside.
2) Slice cucumbers into thin strips
3) In large pot, boil water. Cook vermicelli noodles until al dente soft. Should cook in less than 5 minutes.
4) In colander, drain noodles and rinse in cold water. Please note: it is very important to rinse noodle in cold water so it does not stick together. With scissors, slice vermicelli noodles into smaller yet large pieces.
5) In a large bowl, add apple cider vinegar, and then add Korean red hot pepper paste and honey. Mix until all the red hot pepper paste and honey are completely dissolved into apple cider vinegar.
6) Add kimchi and cucumbers. Add cooked vermicelli noodles. Add sesame oil and sesame seeds. Toss well so the sauce, kimchi and cucumber cover the noodles.
7) Slice hard boiled eggs in half. Transfer noodle with kimchi & cucumber into a bowl and place egg on top of noodle.