Korean Black Bean Side Dish with Honey & Sesame Seeds
- Black Beans (2 cups)
- Water (2 cups)
- Soy Sauce (2 tablespoons)
- Honey (3 tablespoons)
- Toasted Sesame Seeds (3 tablespoons)
Ingredients you will need:
1) Measure out 2 cups of black beans. In a colander, wash the black beans. Then transfer washed beans to a large pot. Add 2 cups of water. Place lid and turn flame to high. Once the water starts to boil, then turn the flame to low and simmer cook black beans for 40 minutes.
2) After 40 minutes, the black beans should have a crunchy yet a little soft texture. (It is important to know that the black beans should not be completely soft, there should still be a crunchy bite to the black beans yet the black beans are soft enough to bite into). Add soy sauce and honey and stir with a wooden spoon so all of the black beans are flavored with soy sauce and honey.
3) Place lid on pot and turn flame to medium heat and cook for a remaining 10 minutes, so the black beans can absorb all of the flavors of the soy sauce and honey. After 10 minutes, turn off heat and add sesame seeds and give it a final toss.
Pair with sticky white rice. Serves 4-6 people.