Seaweed Vegetable Mini Egg Omelette
Include seaweed in your breakfast with this delicious mini egg omelette. Dried seaweed, along with carrot and scallions, is placed in beaten egg and pan fried to crispy brown perfection!
- Eggs (6)
- Dried Seaweed Sheets (Nori) (6 sheets, get the plain kind, not the toasted seaweed)
- Carrot (1, diced)
- Scallions (3-4 stalks, diced)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
- Water (1/4 cup)
- Vegetable Oil
Ingredients you will need:
1) Peel carrot. Dice your carrots and scallions.
2) In a wide blender, with your hands, rip seaweed and add to blender. Add one egg and 1/4 cup of water and blend until seaweed becomes nice and mushy.
3) In a bowl, transfer the blended seaweed. Then add 5 eggs. With a fork, beat the eggs until it’s incorporated with seaweed. Then add scallions and carrots. Finally, add salt and pepper. With fork, mix all of the ingredients so they are well incorporated.
4) In a wide hot frying pan, add oil. Take a ladle spoon and scoop out mixture and place in frying pan and cook over medium heat. Egg cooks quickly, so in like 40 seconds or when one side of egg is golden brown, with a spatula, carefully flip and cook until the other side gets golden brown.
5) Place cooked eggs on plate with paper towel.
6) In a small bowl, add some soy sauce and vinegar. Serve sauce with egg omelette.
Recipe makes about 10-12 mini omelettes and serves about 4.