Steamed Zucchini with Bell Pepper, Onion & Sesame Seeds
I love the soft texture of zucchinis when they’re steamed because they retain their delicate flavor. Here’s a light pot steamed zucchini recipe with bell pepper, onion, and garlic flavored with sesame oil and sesame seeds for that delicious toasty flavor. Healthy, light and delicious!
- Green Zucchini (2 pieces, thinly sliced)
- White Onion (1 small one or 1/2 of one large onion, thinly sliced)
- Red Bell Pepper (1 small one thinly sliced)
- Garlic (4 cloves, minced)
- Sesame Oil (1tablespoon)
- Sesame Seeds (1 tablespoon)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
- Water (1/4 cup)
Can’t find sesame oil and sesame seeds, get them here:
Ingredients you will need:
1) Slice up your zucchini, bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Set aside.
2) In a large pot, drop 1/4 cup of water. Add all the vegetables. Add salt and pepper. Close lid and steam cook for up to10 minutes (do not cook for more than 10 minutes, can even be 7-8 minutes).
3) Turn off flame, add sesame oil and sesame seeds. Lightly toss so the sesame oil and sesame seeds cover the vegetables.
Serve with rice, 4-6 servings