Seared Tuna Sandwich with a Wasabi-Relish Mayo Dressing
A gourmet sandwich, tuna filets are seared in cajun spices paired with a wasabi-relish dressing and topped with fresh arugula and tomatoes.
- Tuna (4 pieces, 1/2 inch thick)
- Cajun Spice Powder
- Artisan Bread
- Mayonnaise (4 tablespoons)
- Sweet Relish (4 teaspoons)
- Wasabi (1 teaspoon)
Get your wasabi here: S&B – Wasabi in Plastic Tube
1) In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, sweet relish, and wasabi together. Set aside.
2) Slice you tuna into 1/2 inch filets.
3) Rub the top and bottom of each piece of tuna with the cajun spice.
4) In a hot skillet with olive oil, cook tuna on each side for 2-3 minutes (make sure skillet is very hot, so that the tuna sears with crispiness on the outside), depending on how raw you like your tuna inside.
5) Slice you bread, and place tuna on it. Spread your wasabi mayo on tuna and on the bread if you like.
6) Add arugula and fresh tomatoes on top.