For those who love spice and heat, this recipe will fulfill your palate. A one pot wonder dish, tofu chili is perfect for these wintery days to warm you up.
- Tofu (1 cake)
- Canned green chili pepper (6 ounces)
- Canned Black Bean (1 can, 15 ounces)
- Canned Red Kidney Beans (1 can, 15 ounces)
- Canned Tomatoes (2 cans, 15 ounces)
- Carrots (2, diced)
- Onion (1 medium, diced)
- Green Zucchini (1 medium, diced)
- Yellow Zucchini (1 medium, diced)
- Green Bell Pepper (1, diced)
- Garlic (4 cloves, diced)
- Cumin (1 teaspoon)
- Oregano (1 teaspoon)
- Bay leaf (1)
- Chili powder (1 teaspoon)
- Olive oil (1 tablespoon)
1) Crumble tofu with hands, so tofu is broken down into tiny pieces.
2) In a large heated pot, add olive oil. Add garlic, onion, carrots, green & yellow zucchinis, and bell pepper. Sautee vegetables until they are soft. Add cumin, oregano, chili powder, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
3) To the vegetables, add tofu and mix. Add canned tomatoes, canned chili peppers, and all the canned beans. Add a pinch more salt and pepper.
4) Turn up heat to high, and when it starts to boil, reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 45 minutes in low simmer, so all the flavors can meld. Turn heat off and let sit for at least half hour, which allows the flavors to blend together. The longer the flavors blend, the better the taste. Serve with bread and cheese.