You will neither miss the cheese nor the calories with this tofu lasagna! And no sacrifice on the taste either!
• Oven ready lasagna pasta, so you do not have to boil it first
• Tofu (2 cubes)
• Button mushrooms (10 ounces, sliced thinly)
• Spinach (1 large bundle, can also use frozen spinach)
• Onion (1/2 of a large one or 1 full small one, diced)
• Parsley (1/4 cup)
• Cilantro (1/4 cup)
• Marinara sauce (1 jar)
• Grapeseed or canola oil (6 table spoons)
• Olive oil
Prepare Filling for Lasagna:
1) In a hot pan with 3 tablespoons of grapeseed or canola oil, sautee onion until soft. Set aside. Add 3 tablespoons of oil, and sautee mushroom until soft. Set aside. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to each vegetable while sauteeing.
2) Cook spinach in boiling water until wilted. Drain and squeeze all the excess water with hands. Cut spinach into smaller pieces, and set aside. (If using frozen spinach, then thaw spinach and then squeeze excess water out).
3) Cube tofu into small pieces to create more surface area on the tofu, put into a linen kitchen cloth, and squeeze all the excess water. Put small amounts of tofu into the linen cloth so it will be easier to squeeze water out.
4) Chop fresh cilantro and parsley. Set aside.
5) In a large bowl, combine onion, mushroom, spinach, parsley, cilantro, and olive oil into the tofu. Olive oil should prevent the tofu from becoming dry when it cooks in the oven. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and 1/2 tablespoon of pepper. Combine all the ingredients well.
1) In a 13 X 9 baking pan, cover bottom of pan with vegetable oil, so pasta does not stick to pan.
2) Lay the first sheet of oven ready pasta flat down and pour marinara sauce, spreading it thin over the pasta. Scoop the tofu and vegetable filling and lay over the marinara sauce, spreading it thin. Drizzle a little olive oil, so tofu does not get dry in the oven. Repeat this process until you have 3 layers of filling and the top has a layer of pasta. Pour more marinara sauce over pasta and drizzle of live oil to finish. Cover pan with cooking foil.
3) Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes.
4) Before serving, sprinkle a little olive oil and drizzle more marinara sauce over the lasagna.